There are a number of techniques that can be employed to save you time and further keep file sizes to a minimum. Here are a few suggestions:
- Try to limit the number of layers that form one page to 3. Contain as many elements on your page to Objects rather than putting individual elements on separate layers.
- Use Shared Assets where ever possible. Any common elements that are used throughout the app can be placed in a shared folder. This saves you from duplicating content, thus adding more to the end file size. Another big advantage to using shared assets is that you are able to update common elements throughout the entire app by making a change to just one file.
- Try to use Smartfit where you can.
- At the planning stage of your digital magazine/app, set up InDesign templates containing styles sheets.
- It is a great idea to test your content on iPad 1, 2 and 3 to ensure your content performs consistently across all devices and versions of iOS.
NEXT > Conclusion