Acquisition campaigns are essentially special links that allow you to track click throughs to you App’s App Store page as well as installs of the app from users following this path. They are helpful in measuring the effectiveness of your digital media campaigns and give you visibility on which campaigns or media are performing best.
To create an Acquisition campaign in Flurry:
- Log into Flurry and select the app that you would like to create a campaign for. Select “User Acquistion” from the menu on the left and then select “Create Campaign”.
- The first thing to do is give your campaign a name and description. Use something that will allow you to easily identify the campaigning the future.
- The next step is to select a “Channel”. By default, Flurry has a bunch of pre-defined channels, most of which are ad networks. If your channel is not present then you can always create your own custom one.
- If you have already associated your app with it’s App ID in Flurry (via the “Manage” sectioning the Flurry menu) then it will already know your App Store destination URL. However if this has not been specified, you can always add in the destination URL manually. You need to use a link that correctly goes to the App Store page for your app.
- For advanced Flurry users, you can also select a segment or funnel as an extra quality measure. (Optional)
- Save your campaign and Flurry will generate a special URL for you to include in your digital media. All clicks on this links as well as new installs generated will now be recorded and tracked in Flurry for you.
- Campaign reports are accessed via the “Reporting” section under “User Acquisition” in Flurry. You will see the total clicks as well as the total installs generated from these clicks. The % is your conversion rate. One important thing to note is that installs are only counted for new unique users. People that install but have already had the app installed in the past on that particular device will not be counted as “installs".