Pinch to Zoom
Pinch to zoom is now available on a per issue basis. It was built with flat content in mind and has gone through some limited testing so far and works with a subset of our widgets. We advise you to only enable this feature on flat to limited interactive content only.
Enabling Pinch to Zoom
To enable the pinch and zoom option on a per issue basis, you need to turn it on when you are generating the thumbs/indexes (the Prepare for Publishing step).
- First upload your content to the server, leave it in the proofing state as usual.
- Sign into your app as a publisher via the menu icon
- Download the unpublished issue
- Once downloaded and open on any page within the issue, tap the menu button again and select "Prepare for Publish"
- Make sure the Pinch to zoom button is enabled.
- Tap the refresh icon to generate thumbs and index.
- Once finished tap the upload button.
- When the update is available, it will have pinch & zoom enabled but only for this issue. It will be enabled for all pages within the issue.
This gives you more a more configurable way to turn pinch to zoom on/off. You can enable it on a case by case basis, depending on whether the content is quite flat, or is just a replica of your print edition.
We do always suggest that you should try to create your content for the device size intended if possible.