URI Schemes can be used either internally, within content, or externally, via a link on a email to open an app on a certain screen. The following screens can be opened using this feature:
- The Downloads screen;
- The latest issue in the Downloads screen, the purchase details screen;
- To the details screen of a particular issue (if the user doesn't already have the issue downloaded).
Your App ID is a unique 9-digit number allocated by Apple. You can find your Apple App ID in iTunes Connect as well as in the "App Store" section of the Oomph Publish site for your app.
If you do not know your URI Scheme please ask your Account Manager or email us at support.
In version 25, we have introduced some new URI schemes which you can now use to control more of your application. This addition allows you to open the purchase issue detail screen for either the latest issue or an issue with a defined product id. See below for more detail.
The following show the different formats for the link.
1. To open the Downloads screen.
This will take the user to the Downloads screen.
2. To open the purchase details page of the latest issue:
Will take the user to the purchase screen of the latest issue available if they haven't already downloaded it.
3. To open the purchase details page of a particular issue. NOTE: You will need the product id of this issue in order to use this. See here for details about how to find the issues product ID.
<product id> Is the product ID of the issue that you wish to open. You can obtain in Publish. When clicked, if the app is installed, this will take the user to the purchase screen for the particular issue (if they haven't already downloaded it).
4. To open the purchase detail screen of the latest issue over the view that you are currently on;
5. To open the purchase detail screen of a particular issue over the view that you are currently on;
<product id> Is the product ID of the issue that you wish to open.
You can use this link in either a hotspot within a page, or via a link in an email.