Calendar allows you to insert an event into the users calendar. For example, saving an alarm for when a class at the gym starts. For most users this event/alarm will sync across to their phone. This is a great feature for event programme apps.
Hotspot = CalendarEvent
Hotspot example = CalendarEvent, title=Something, location=Somewhere, start=31/10/2011 18:00, end=31/10/11 20:30, recur=3monthly, finish=31/10/2013, alarm=15min
Adding a CalendarEvent hotspot, allows the user to bring up a screen which will allow them to enter in details on an event and save it to their calendar.
It also gives the option to specify a pre-determined event which the user does not have to fill in any values and it will get added to their calendar if they press Save.
To achieve this you can create a hotspot as normal and in the link add ‘CalendarEvent’. This will bring up an empty even where the user can modify if they choose. In order to add more details on the event you can fill in the following details:
- title, location and notes are text strings
- start, end are the dates for the event
- recur/repeat is the frequency of recurrence for the event
- finish is the end date of recurrence for the event
- alarm/alert is the time before the event that a alarm will be triggered
Any or all of these details can be omitted. To format your dates you should follow the rules below:
- dates should be in the format day/month/year time timezone
- time should be in the format hours:minutes AM/PM or 24 hour time
- timezone should be in the format EST or +1000
- NB Time and Timezone can be omitted. Timezone will default to the device.
If you have a start date & time, but no end date & time, then the event will default to 1 hour long.
For recurring events:
- the recurrence can be daily, weekly, monthly or yearly
- it can also have a prefix number, e.g. 2monthly, which would mean every 2 months
- finish is a date in the format day/month/year
CalendarEvent, title=Something, location=Somewhere, start=31/10/2011 18:00, end=31/10/11 20:30, recur=3monthly, finish=31/10/2013, alarm=15min
|Hotspot options||title=, location=, notes=, start=, end=, recur= or repeat=, finish=, alarm= or alert=|
|Position in Hotspot||N/A|
|Content resizes to fill hotspot||N/A|
|Examples||QA Oomph Walkthough/Oomph_Walkthough/CalendarEvent|
|Transparent background allowed||N/A|
iPad Preview Files
To view these files on your iPad click here to download Oomph Viewer onto your iPad. Once Oomph Viewer is installed download the Handy Book of Oomph in the Library section and preview all the Oomph features in one issue.
Got a question?