The Newsstand Metadata covers the Newsstand image and the "What's new in this issue" detail seen below. This can be managed automatically by using the Atom Feed, or by modifying manually. If you use the automatic Atom Feed mechanism, this is updated every 24 hours so it will not take effect immediately.
If you want this information to change immediately you can follow the instructions below to manually change these details. The details used by the automatic Atom Feeds is the cover that is uploaded to the Publication Homepage and the description is the issue description used when creating a new issue.
Manually changing your Newsstand metadata:
- Within your application of choice click Newsstand button.
- Click Add New Issue button and you will be presented with the screen above.
- Published Date: Select Now.
- End Date: You can leave blank.
- Issue ID: This can be any string that uniquely identifies your issue. This is display on your sales reports.
- Summary: This is the issue description that appears in the "Whats new in this issue" area.
- Issue Cover Art: Choose the cover of the latest issue here.
- Click save.