App IDs are an integral part of the iOS Development and Provisioning Process that allows an application to communicate with the Push Notifications and/or an external hardware accessory. App IDs are the main ID that the application uses to communicate to Apple and to Oomph servers. It is critical that this ID is created correctly and matches what the Publishing Center has generated.
Please make sure that you have copied your Bundle ID from your Publication's homepage. This will be a string that looks something like "com.mogeneration.companyname.randomstring". It is located in the App Settings under the tag "Bundle ID".
Step 1: Creating App ID
- Navigate to the iOS Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles in your Apple Developer account
- Click the drop down menu on Identifiers.
- Click App IDs.
- Click the + (plus) icon on the top right of the screen.
- Enter your application name as the App ID Description e.g. Oomph Viewer.
- Click the Push Notifications check box under App Services.
- Choose the default App ID Prefix.
- Copy the Bundle ID from your Publication homepage as the Explicit App ID (App ID Suffix).
- Click continue.
Step 2: Configure your ID for push notifications
- Locate and click the App ID you created in Step 1.
- Click Settings.
- Enable the Push Notification Service by ticking the box on the right.
- Choose the Production Push SSL Certificate and click Create Certificate.
- Click Continue - you can use your CSR file you used to create your Distribution Cert. See Step 1: Obtaining your CertificateSigningRequest (CSR).
- Locate the CSR you made earlier and click Generate.
- Download the resultant file and save it with your other files.
- Click Done.