Apple allow you to add up to 100 devices per year to your Development portal. These are test devices and allow you to install 'Ad Hoc' applications to your test devices before they are available in the App Store. Each year that you account rolls over, Apple allow you to remove devices and then add new ones. Though be careful as you are limited to 100, and once added, they can only be disabled, and then get officially removed from your quota once your account rolls over for another year.
To add devices please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Finding UDIDs
- Connect each iPad you wish to use to iTunes.
- Select your iPad under the Devices tab
- Click Summary
- Locate 'Serial Number' - Click this to change it to display UDID
- Without selecting this ID, hit Command + C to copy, then Command + V to paste.
Note: It may appear that there has been nothing copied to your clipboard but its there.
Step 2: Registering Devices
- Navigate to the iOS Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles in your Apple Developer account
- Choose Devices
- Click the + icon in the top right corner.
- Click on the Register Device check box.
- Enter your device name and the UDID that you located in step 1. This is a 40 digit ID.
- Click Continue.
Step3: Adding Oomph devices
- Download our Priority Devices List. We strongly recommend you do this, otherwise we will not be able to assist with testing and troubleshooting should there be any problems with your application during the review process.
- Click the Register Multiple Devices check box.
- Click Choose File.
- Locate the Priority Devices List file.
- Click Upload.
Note: When exporting your Ad Hoc provisioning profile, please select all these devices. (More on how to do this here).