If you are provisioning paid issues you will have noticed from reading our documentation that your product ID's need to match the product ID's in both the Publishing Center and iTunes Connect. Why? Think of a product ID like a barcode - if it isn't entered correctly to the system, it's not going to scan at the register. Apple use the product ID to locate your content on our server, so if it isn't entered correctly Apple wont be able to find it and your users will not be able to download. This article will take you through the steps on how to create these product ID's.
Note: If you want to charge for your content you need to make sure you always have in-app purchases for that content approved by Apple before using them in the Publishing Center.
Creating an in-app purchase for a single paid issue:
1. Log into the Publishing Center.
2. Click on the application you wish to create the issue within.
3. Click the 'New Issue' button and enter the name of your issue (don't worry you can always change this name at a later stage).
4. Tick the 'This is a paid issue' check box and leave the iTunes Product ID field as 'The iTunes Product ID will be generated for you.' Unless you have already created your product ID's in iTunes Connect, then you must enter this correctly here. We recommend that you generate them automatically within the Publishing Center as it cuts down the amount of data entry required.
5. Click Save Issue. This will now have generated a shell issue, and automatically generated a product ID. This is the ID that you will use for your related in-app purchase in iTunes Connect.
6. Log into your iTunes Connect account.
7. Click Manage your Applications.
8. Locate your application and click on it.
9. Click Manage In-App Purchases.
10. Click Create New.
11. Select Type. Here you want to pick 'Non-Consumable'.
12. Fill in your details.
Reference Name: This is the name used in the financial reports sent to you. This can be any name but we advise to make it unique, as it can be difficult to distinguish these in reports.
Product ID: This is the automatically generated product ID for each issue you create the Publishing Center. You should copy and paste this from your issue into this field. It is important that these ID's match exactly.
Cleared for sale: Always tick 'Yes' here.
Price Tier: From the drop down menu, you can choose what the cost of your issue will be according to the Pricing Matrix options (you can change this at a later date).
13. Scroll down and add a language, and enter an issue name and description.
Language: The language that your products name and description is in.
Name: The name of your issue (you can change this in future)
Description: The description of your issue (you can change this in future).
14. Scroll down and click NO for "Hosting Content with Apple".
15. Upload a screenshot for review processes. This image is only ever seen by Apple review team, not the general public. We suggest uploading your app's splash screen here.
16. Click Save.
Repeat this for every issue that you wish to provision from your application in the Publishing Center.
You will now see a list of all your in-app purchases. The new products will have the state "Ready to Submit".
17. Once you have completed these steps for ALL in app purchases, select all of your new products using the checkboxes on the left and and click the Submit for Review button. Apple will now review these products before approving, which normally takes approximately 4 to 5 working days.