These instructions walk you through the steps required to re-sign an Oomph-provided app binary for submission to the App Store. It assumes you have already configured your application in the iOS Developer Portal.
1. Create a folder and copy the provided
.zip files to it.
2. Copy your App Store and Ad Hoc provisioning profiles (created in the developer portal) into the folder
3. Save the shell script from this page (download link can be found at the end of these instructions) to the same folder and name it
4. In Terminal (located in
/Applications/Utilities), change your working directory to the folder and make the script executable:
$ cd <path to the working folder>
$ chmod 755 appresign.sh
5. Use the
appresign.sh tool to re-sign the ad hoc app bundle using the provisioning profile:
$ ./appresign.sh -p myadhocprofile.mobileprovision myapp-TESTER.ipa
"myapp-TESTER.ipa" is the ipa from step 1 and
“myadhocprofile.mobileprovision” is the ad hoc provisioning profile copied in step 2.
6. Use the
appresign.sh tool to re-sign the app store app bundle using the provisioning profile:
$ ./appresign.sh -p myappstoreprofile.mobileprovision myapp.zip
"myapp.zip" is the app store zip from step 1 and
“myappstoreprofile.mobileprovision” is the app store provisioning profile copied in step 2.
7. If successful the script will have created a new
.zip files named
8. The re-signed application binary (the
.zip) is now ready for submission to the App Store. The re-signed ad hoc
.ipa can be side-loaded to your device for testing.