Patch 26.0.21 November 2015
Support for Hiding Status Bar Specific To Device for universal apps
Patch 26.0.20 November 2015
Fixes for Support of Oomph-designed custom storefront screens
Fixes for Support of custom screens added to the sub-menu
Patch 26.0.19 July 2015
Support for Oomph-designed Custom storefront screens
- Support for custom screens added to the sub-menu
Patch 26.0.18 July 2015
Added support for notifications triggered by iBeacons
Patch 26.0.17 April 2015
Security patch to AFNetworking v2.5.3
Patch 26.0.14 February 2015
Includes 64-bit support as required by Apple starting June 1, 2015
- Added support for Adobe DPS Entitlements service
Show "GET" instead of "BUY" for free items with subscriptions
- Increased frequency of checks for entitled content
- Resolves a proofing bug
Patch 25.1.0 October 2014
Compatibility fixes for Xcode6 build environment
Patch 26.0.8 September 2014
Added early abort to HTML parsing to avoid bug in an iOS8 library.
- Hide web view loading spinner if page load fails
Patch 26.0.7 September 2014
Fix bug with bookmarking of single pages
- Ability to customise web page default background colour (DefaultPageBaseColor)
- Ability to disable background pattern (DisableBackgroundPattern)
Ability to set custom default background pattern or colour (BackgroundTextureImageName, BackgroundTextureSolidColor)
Patch 26.0.6 September 2014
Added option to disable web page loading spinner (NeverShowBusySpinner)
Patch 26.0.5 August 2014
Fix bug with movie player not presenting.
Added a new downloader in the SDK.
Patch 26.0.4 August 2014
- Removed AFNetworking from the SDK binaries
Replace SBJSON with a system framework
Patch 26.0.3 August 2014
- Includes the 25.0.18 patch (iBeacon removal)
- Added support for zipped content to the SDK
Patch 25.0.18 July 2014
NOTE: This patch happened after Oomph v 26.0.1, and 26.0.2 was skipped.
- Allowed iBeacon framework to be optionally on for version 25.0.18.
Patch 26.0.1 July 2014
- Allowed iBeacon framework to be optionally on
Release 26.0.0 July 2014
- Fixed bookmark widget to get correct page
- Added missing localised strings
- Added alert option to add page or section to scrapbook
- Auto dismiss menus
- Fixed some issues with the thumbnail view
- Search is only enabled if there is searchable content
Patch 25.0.17, June 201
Hide the restore button if the app has no paid content.
Patch 25.0.16, June 2014
- Removed the transaction logs from the documents directory.
- Zipped the diagnostics file to prevent some mail clients from rejecting it.
Patch 25.0.15, June 2014
Avoid UITableView NSInternalInconsistencyException on uninitialised NSIndexPath description (Fix for the Oomph iOS SDK)
Patch 25.0.14, May 2014
- Rename collections to say favourites everywhere
- Set search result text to an empty string. Temporary fix until we fix the search index
- Fixed a rendering problem occurring in apps that had the status bar enabled. The content would redraw when returning form slideshows
- Fixed bug with off-centre loading progress spinner
- Open In will now display Oomph Viewer for .oomph files
- Kiosk mode disables the menus automatically once set
Patch 25.0.12, April 2014
Fix a crash that occurs when downloading some issues with subscriptions
Refactor publisher menu so login button is hidden in About menu
Added logic for THEN keyword in the animation parser
Fix crash at launch in iOS 6
Text in a section name between double parentheses (( )) will be stripped out of the displayed section name in the app (but still tracked against the "SectionDIR" and "Section Name" parameters in Flurry)
Don't show the section name for sections designated as Ads
Patch 25.0.11, April 2014
Made inMobi and Snakk Ad Tracker SDKs optional instead of standard. They triggered an Apple requirement to agree to ad tracking terms during submission, which should not be necessary for most apps.
Patch 25.0.10, April 2014
- Added Pulse animation back as a default
Make Notes widget available on iPhone
Reskin notes widget in iOS 7 style for iPad. Minor functionality improvements.
- Added option for landscape thumbnail generation to proofing controller (the Prepare for publishing step).
- Fix forced upgrade code path so that it's actually implemented and actually works.
- Add method to display the App Store view inside the app
- We now allow voice recognition in 64-bit
- More fixes to subscription purchasing
- Restart the Oomph Live updater when the publication view is forcibly reloaded.
- More localizations
Patch 25.0.9, March 2014
Attempting to purchase a subscription no longer prompts to purchase a single issue instead
Patch 25.0.8, March 2014
Fixed problem where the No Network view covered the Library on iOS 6
Made sure the bottom toolbar works correctly after a sharing operation
Added new admin setting that prevents unlock authenticators from automatically purchasing everything, so that the private issues authenticator can be used as a paid issue filter
Fixed title in authenticator dialog on iPad
Fixed position of lockout authenticator on iPad when launched in landscape mode
- Google Analytics updated to version 3_beta.
Patch 25.0.7, March 2014
Fix problems with authenticator display on 3.5" devices
Patch 25.0.6, March 2014
- Refreshes authenticated apps after signing in as a guest.
Patch 25.0.5, March 2014
- Share widget pre magdata 25, will be used as an object. Post 25, it will be used as a widget.
Patch 25.0.4, March 2014
Fixed distorted text in Oomph Live.
- Lock out authenticator fixes
- Fixed calendar losing data
Changed settings to enable/disable the chrome of the application.
Updated Tapstream SDK to 2.6.2
Control status bar properly in iOS6
Sideloaded content now creates a cover again
Show the download button for available issues that have a free subscription
Actually allow the iPhone to see the redeem button
Fix display of lockout authenticators
Patch 25.0.3, February 2014
- Removed out of date resources
- Present device specific Help content if available if they are provided.
Update Flurry SDK to 4.3.2
Added support for oomph://goto/help
Standalone app fixes
Updated localisation strings (English only)
Fix positioning of the Oomph live status badge
Updated default animations
Patch 25.0.2, February 2014
Fix purchasing of free issue when there is a free subscription.
Patch 25.0.1, February 2014
- Fixes for webviews when exiting a webpage.
Share widget does the right thing when shared from a slideshow.
- Zoom widget is removed for Pinch and Zoom functionality.
Release 25.0.0, January 2014
- Significant UI changes - Please update Oomph Viewer to review these changes.
- Universal binary support - iPhone builds are now supported.
- Universal content bundle support - You can now supply both iPad sized content and iPhone sized content.
- Featured Tab; this allows you to add custom HTML to your app to show case your content, run competitions etc - Please contact your account manager if you want to enable this.
- Theming of the app has been scaled back, you can now theme the icon and application tint colour only. Support for custom fonts has been removed in accordance with Apple Design Guidelines.
- New menu added as a slide in menu.
- New URI Schemes to open issues from the Featured tab.
- No status bar option in iPhone, status bar can still be enabled on iPad version.
- Thumbnails and search have been combined to one view. (Search indexes still need to be created on the server and patched into the content).
- Pinch & Zoom (limited) on a per issue basis.
- Major subscription update. Should deal with all durations and free trials correctly now.
- New default animations, see documentation for the new additions.
- General fixes to various bugs and crashes in content.
- New applications will be created as universal by default.
- Pinch and zoom is limited
- Notes widget is not available yet on iPhone
- Timer is not available yet on iPhone
- Popup widget can never be available on iPhone due to the fact that it is an iPad only UI. It is on our roadmap to provide an alternative.
Patch 24.0.2, November 2013
- Added Facebook, Snakk & inMobi app launch tracking.
- Removed calendar activity from top nav bar and make it optional in super nav based on user setting
- No longer show nav bars on initial load of issue.
- Search shows all sections (like scrubber) now, even if there is no text index.
- Collections of page ranges (as opposed to entire section) now preserve hotspots.
Patch 24.0.1, October 2013
- Corrected colour of timer countdown on iOS 7
- Correct "flashes" of some content when animations are occuring
- Fix bug with CSS text alignment being ignored
- Fixed autoplay of video pages with ".mp4" extension
- Migrate existing favourites/bookmarks to collections
- Fix bug where cancelling a download (in waiting) results in that cover being unable to be presses
- Disabled printing
- Fixed bug with registering push notification token when the user refused notifications
- Super share can now be dismissed by touching outside the modal
- "Empty" messages in Library screens no longer use tintColor
- Edit button on a collection matches theme colour on iOS 6
- Pressing bottom buttons quickly no longer causes the app to render oddly
- Fixed crash when share icon is pressed on a page with no email sharing template
- Removed spurious character in Facebook & Messages sharing
Release 24.0.0, October 2013
Coles October 2013 release. Including:
- iOS 7 optimised UI.
- New UI for shopping list & mean planner.
- Store locator.
- Collections (replacing bookmarks).
- Remote recipe search.
- Revised share widget including "super share" UI.
- Help is now built as Oomph content.
- This release drops support for iOS 5 (and consequently iPad 1s)
Patch 23.0.16, December 2013
- Fixed a problem where the app might not respond to a push notification under certain circumstances if the device is locked
Patch 23.0.15, December 2013
- Changed to accessTokenRedeemButtonText
Patch 23.0.14, December 2013
- Changed redeem button text
Patch 23.0.13, November 2013
- Fixed crash in live updater
Patch 23.0.12, October 2013
Fix bug with CSS text alignment being ignored
Patch 23.0.11, October 2013
Fix bug with library showing as empty on startup
- Fix bug with devices not registering for push notifications
Patch 23.0.10, October 2013
(Re-)enable push notifications for enterprise apps
Patch 23.0.9, October 2013
Fix bug with search widget when in guided-access mode
Patch 23.0.8, October 2013
Added ChooseLanguage widget
Patch 23.0.7, September 2013
Fixed crash during redeem process if server has no content
- Fix backwards compatibility with faulty self-referencing widgets (turtles)
- Prevent use of microphone unless voice mode activated
Patch 23.0.6, August 2013
- Non-autoplay kiosk mode, returns to cover (but doesn't auto-play).
- "Home" is now a synonym for Cover when naming sections.
- Made detection of sections designated as ads more flexible, you can now use the word "AD" prefixed by a space anywhere in the section name (e.g. " AD").
- Worked around issue with latest Flurry SDK that caused no data to be tracked.
Patch 23.0.5, August 2013
Fixed bug with unzipping some content zipped on Windows.
Patch 23.0.4, August 2013
Fixed bug with autosizing of animated layers.
Fixed bug with objects named Text failing to load.
Patch 23.0.3, August 2013
- Improvements to Kiosk Mode, allowing user interactivity to temporarily disable auto-play.
- Fix crash when viewing a bookmark in a custom group.
- Updated default help screens.
- Fixed bug with missing ad impression tracking.
- Added page & article impression tracking.
Patch 23.0.2, August 2013
- Web pages launched from within content now get scaled to fit screen with pinch/zoom enabled (previously external web pages were presented in full-size unscaled panning mode).
- Updated device ID generation to be iOS 7 compliant.
- Updated Flurry to 4.2.3 (iOS 7 compliance).
Release 23.0.1 (SDK release only), June 2013
Fixed empty placeholder view not appearing when content is missing (affects SDK only).
Release 23.0.0, June 2013
- Various subscription bug fixes, inc. restoring subscriptions that are no longer enabled in Publish.
- Fix missing shopping lists on upgrade
- Added custom button skinning to Goto widget
- Added more localisation strings including sharing menu.
- Add ad-impression analytic event
- Sharing and bookmarks menu moved to top of screen.
- Fixed various smart fit bugs
- Added high performance native text views
- Updated retina sharing icons
- Improved performance of search scrolling
- Fixed page layout when Oomph live elements are updated
- Improved performance when loading image views
- Added localisation to timer widget
- Added localisation to purchase detail screen
- Allow ambient audio to continue playing when fullscreen slideshow/webview is shown
- Proofing User Logout support in help screen
- Subscriber Login button now handles longer custom titles (no more trun...)
- Fixed bug with missing "please rotate" screen
- Full text search supports content in shared assets & text objects.
- Publisher sign out.
Release 22.0.7, November 2013
- Fixed crash in live updater
Patch 22.0.6, June 2013
- Fixed problem with Flipbook and AnimatedImage hotspots that causes all hotspots to stop working on a page.
Release 22.0.5, May 2013
- Oomph Live support.
- GoTo widget.
- The search widget can be pre-filled with content.
- Image content modes allow fine tuning of how images are scaled inside a hotspot.
- Added back & forward buttons to toolbar, like a web browser, they go through your reading history.
- Improvements to image loading on low memory devices. Oomph will not load an image larger than the longest edge of the display & where possible, never load an image larger than the hotspot it is placed in.
- For clients using our authenticators, the redeem button is now shown on all issues, not just latest.
When in proofing mode, a new option is available to disable all in-app navigation.
- Added URL field to the Calendar Event widget.
- Shared assets can now be more easily used by designers on Windows only, we also support the ^ character as well as a |.
- Add screenshot sharing support for iPhone5
- Sharing widgets can now share fullscreen slideshows images.
- Corrected pixel alignment issues in some content with hotspot transformations.
Patch 21.0.4, September 2013
- Worked around issue with latest Flurry SDK that caused no data to be tracked.
Patch 21.0.3, August 2013
- Updated device ID generation to be iOS 7 compliant.
- Updated Flurry to 4.2.3 (iOS 7 compliance).
Release 21.0.1, March 2013
- Oomph 21 discontinues support for iOS4 devices
- New Default Transitions
- Removed Twitter widget support - see here for why.
- Added Twitter Timeline
- Audio Player is now native, plus we have added many more new options for its settings.
- Updates to both Flurry and Google Analytics
- Handle URI ://goto/purchase to show downloads screen
- Updated license checks for the Oomph SDK
- Fixed some animation bugs in popups
- Now all action hotspot 'tap' events will be sent to button based widgets.
Patch 20.0.7, January 2013
- Includes all previous patches since 20.0.0.
- Fixes to issues displayed after authenticating using a lock out authenticator.
- Updates to how Newsstand pushes are received by devices
- Restore purchases only cleanse your purchases on a successful login
- Improved Reliability of Renewing subscriptions
- Fixed Sina Weibo Sharing on iOS4/5
- Updates to both Facebook and Twitter sharing widget.
- Added default screen for standalone apps that have no bundled content
- Show latest issues when opening for first time from lockout authenticator.
Release 20.0.0, November 2012
- Updated voice recognition software
- Fix for IPV in iPad3 running < iOS 6.0.1 and in all iPads running > iOS 6.0.1
- Bookmark/Favourites widget
- New Download tab bar button image
Patch 19.0.2, September 2012
- Fix for Twitter API changes
- URI Scheme fixes
Release 19.0.1, September 2012
- Native Flipbook widget
- Native animated Image widget
- Wide IPS
- Full text search across all installed issues
- Timer widget.
Release 18.0.2, August 2012
- Content Geolocation
- Google analytics
- Fixed bug with AudioPlayer widget not working
Release 18.0.1, August 2012
- Fixed bug with subscriptions that begin on the cusp of a back-dated issue release
- Allows shared object content to supplement local section object content
- Fixed playback bug with immersive video
- Fixed problem with some layers not showing when hotspot animations exist below the fold
- Fixed bug with hotspot animations not working after page swaps
Release 17.0.2, July 2012
- Fixed compatibility bug with toolbar customisations in iOS4
Release 17.0.1, July 2012
- Larger email sharing window
- Added ability to specify the language of the 'base' content
Release 17.0.0, July 2012
- New share widgets - ShareTwitter, ShareEmail, ShareFacebook and ShareSinaWeibo*.
*Please make sure that your application is configured for these accounts before use.
All share widgets can load their content from file rather than embedded in a hotspot, e.g. the body of an email can be specified in a HTML file rather than URL encoded as a hotspot parameter.
ShareEmail can load text or HTML content as the body of the email.
- Content templating
- Support for arbitrary text files to be used in templates
- Customisable sharing - Built in sharing controls (left hand side) can now be customised on a section-by-section basis.
- Optional Route Map button on the tab bar
- Support for custom fonts
Release 16.0.0, June 2012
The new iPad renderer takes advantage of the retina resolution on the new iPad, and allows non-tiling rendering. It also corrects animation behaviour on the new iPad (so animations appear the same on iPad 1, 2 and 3).
As rendering on the new iPad uses 4 times as much memory (irrespective of content), it's very easy to build content that causes the iPad to run out of memory (for a detailed discussion see content performance page). To avoid this problem, the new renderer uses an adaptive algorithm to ensure that content does not exceed the physical memory of the device.
If on-screen content is above a certain limit (currently 25 megapixels), preview layers (e.g. animated layers) are drawn at a non-retina size as they are brought on-screen, then, as they reach their destination, a retina version is drawn underneath and then swapped out with the non-retina version. This gives the best of both worlds, heavyweight content can be rendered without exhausting memory and content is always at full fidelity when readers are viewing it. Note that although the current limit is 25 megapixels, this may change in a future release.
To make it easier to see how much memory your content is using, we have also included a megapixel counter when in QA mode, this allows you to see the amount of memory each page of your content is using, so you can optimise your content.
There are however limitations on the current renderer. Long pages cannot (currently) have their size precalculated, so they render using tiles for the portion of the page that is below the fold. Also, when the application returns to the foreground, tiling is used to render the current page.
Page rotation behaviour have also changed, rather than rotating the entire viewport as on earlier versions, we fade out the current page, rotate, then fade in the new page (i.e. this is the same behaviour as swiping). On previous versions, the entire viewport is rotated. On some devices, with some content, this may cause a flash of content to appear as the viewport is rotating. This has always been the behaviour in Oomph, but we have modified this in v16 based upon customer feedback. The problem essentially is that on device, and especially on iPad 3, the frame rate (on the rotation animation) drops as the CPU does more processing, e.g. displaying a video. So in these sections, the rotation becomes less smooth, causing that “flash” of content to appear. This effect was worse on long pages, and pages that contain heavywieght content (e.g. videos) that tax the CPU.
Release 15.0.0, June 2012
Oomph 15 was an internal-only release, made for Oomph Viewer and Fitness First.
iPad 3 rendering compatibility
Diagnostics (sends app database to support)
Retina quality graphic support (for silver theme & black theme).
Retina quality asset generation - bookmarks, thumbnails, etc.
Full Screen Slideshows can be opened at a specific slide
Sina Weibo sharing support
Sharekit updated to latest version
Removal of Facebook secret key.
Ability to disable Twitter (e.g. for China where it's not permitted).
Single issue download can be turned off.
Patch 14.0.4 and Patch 12.0.5
Added Content Download flurry event, amalgamates all downloads via any method into one.
Patch 14.0.2 and Patch 12.0.4
Retina graphics for silver theme and black theme.
Removed any reference to UDIDs - due to Apple deprecating them.
Release 14.0.0 (includes 13.0.0 and 12.0.3)
C1 (Conditional One) Player integration
Shared Assets (aka Layouts)
Changed default page swap transition back to None
Ad Read is now 2 seconds rather than 5 seconds
Added analytics for restore purchases button
Oomph July (v9) v's Oomph September (v10)
Oomph September 2011 contains many updates due to client and customer feedback. If you have been using Oomph July 2011 or below the following are the relevant changes (otherwise please skip to the next section here);
Landscape videos displayed in portrait are now letter boxed rather than scaled to fill. Important to note that any content will behave as normal if at a lower version, any video marked as Oomph September 2011 content will be letter boxed
Twitter widget can now refresh every 5 seconds, displaying your active twitter feed more effectively. To do this you just include the keywork “refresh” in the hotspot e.g. Twitter1,refresh,@OomphHQ (Use Twitter widget with ShareTwitter widget as a powerful way to engage your users). Deprecated, as of 6th March 2013 due twitter api changes, see TwitterTimeline.
New widgets include Popup.
New features include Subscriptions.
Important; the background in Full Page Slideshows is now white, to provide more consistancy through out the application. Lower versions will continue to have the black background but any content developed as Oomph September on will have a black background. Tip: as Full Page Slideshows does not support transparency to the original content, there is no reason to have the lowest layer transparent in any way. This will avoid any problems in the future.